This week we're letting the balloons spill into the margins.
Update on things:
- Alpha of the North is still being edited. I've gotta finish shading the cover. It's taking me forever because I'm trying to have two pages complete per week so I can have a queue into the new year. I'm trying my damnedest to have AoN published in November. It will be out before 2024 (thank god!).
- As if I don't have enough on my plate, I've started drawing the next side comic: Minor Niner. I'm hoping to have it all drawn by the end of the year. The goal is to have it out by Thanksgiving 2024 (the Canadian one). I'm going to be doing 30 pages in 30 days this November. At the very least I will have it 75% drawn by Jan 1.
- I drew an epilogue for chapter 2! Expect it as a voting incentive during the last 8 weeks of chapter 2. So like... this time next year! It's crazy to me that if I can keep up my current output into the new year that chapter 2 will be finished by the end of 2024. Chapter 1 took me WAY longer to do.
- And that brings me to my next point, the space between when I publish a comic and when I draw it (and even write it) is getting VERY small for my liking. I'm used to taking my sweet ass time but I'd love to finish this comic before I turn 65 (if I can keep up this pace, I will). I'm also behind on AoN because I need to start drawing chapter 3 next year! One of my main priorities is getting it thumbnailed before the end of the year so I can draw it all next year. Not sure how long it's going to be, but it'll be at least 50 pages.
- And finally! Side comics! Minor Niner is going to second and last side comic. I had a few more planned but they've been absorbed into epilogues or have become main comic content. One of them is so plot critical I've decided that when I do get to it, it's going to be an entire chapter. Maritonia's main storyline will always be free. However, I have two related graphic novels in the works, and they're so involved I don't want to be doing short stories on the side, too. These are both Maritonia comics. One is about a side character you'll be introduced to in Chapter 3, and another does affect the main plot, but the part that's critical to the main storyline will be touched on in the free-version. These are several years away.